In order for your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device to connect to the ScreenBeam Mini 2 receiver using the ScreenBeam Configuration Utility, you must have made at least one successful wireless display connection to the ScreenBeam receiver first. You must disconnect from the ScreenBeam receiver before attempting to use the Configuration Utility.
Articles in this section
- I am unable to stream Netflix or Hulu from the App.
- After upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, I can no longer connect to ScreenBeam Mini 2 with Intel WiDi.
- How can I adjust the display to fit properly to my TV screen?
- How can I improve my video/audio performance?
- How to set my ScreenBeam receiver to use the 5G frequency?
- I can't connect to the Receiver with my Intel WiDi laptop after installing antivirus software.
- I can't connect to the Receiver with ScreenBeam Configuration Utility on my device. The Utility can't find the Receiver.
- I encountered connection failure with ScreenBeam Mini 2 and my device can't connect to it anymore.
- I'm experiencing poor performance/latency with my Microsoft Lumia 950/950XL.
- I'm seeing choppiness and brief pauses while watching Internet video on my Miracast device.