If the edges of the displayed image on the HDTV appear to be cut off, or there is a large black border around the displayed image, you can adjust the TV Screen Size to fit the display properly on your HDTV screen. The method used to adjust this setting will depend on the method used to connect your device to ScreenBeam.
Note: The Picture size setting used in the following steps only affects the size of the display while the Intel WiDi connection to the ScreenBeam receiver is active. This setting will be remembered the next time you connect to ScreenBeam with the same Intel® WiDi laptop.
Ensure you have installed and are using the latest version of the Intel® WiDi application. To obtain the latest version, use the Intel® WiDi Update Tool at the following link: Intel® WiDi Support - Install & Setup
- Connect to ScreenBeam using the Intel® WiDi application.
- Click the blue menu button () at the top of the Intel® WiDi application window, and select Settings from the menu that appears.
- Click the word Display in the Intel® WiDi Settings window.
- Use the Picture size slider to adjust the display to fit your HDTV screen.
- Close the Intel® WiDi Settings window.
Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
Note: The TV Size setting used in the following steps determines the overall display size of the ScreenBeam receiver. This setting will be remembered by the ScreenBeam receiver. The Ready to Connect screen will also be affected by this setting.
Install the most recent ScreenBeam Configuration Utility app from the Windows Store. The app is free.
- Connect to ScreenBeam using the Project menu in Windows 8.1 or the Connect menu in Windows 10.
- Launch the ScreenBeam Configuration Utility app from the Windows Start menu.
- Click or tap Wireless Mode. The utility will search for available ScreenBeam receivers. Click or tap your receiver when it appears in the list.
- From the left-hand column of the Online Settings menu, select TV screen size.
- Use the blue slider bar to adjust the display size as needed.
- Close the ScreenBeam Configuration Utility app.
Please sign in to leave a comment.