In order to proceed with updating the firmware using an Android device the following are required:
ScreenBeam Mini 2 Receiver.
A device running Android 4.2 (or higher) that is Miracast-capable, with the ScreenBeam Configuration Utility installed.
Available Internet connection.
1. Verify that the ScreenBeam receiver is powered on, with the “Ready To Connect” screen displayed on the connected monitor.
2. Launch the ScreenBeam Utility on an Android device.
3. Currently, available ScreenBeam receivers are displayed on the “Select a ScreenBeam Receiver” screen. Select the appropriate Receiver from the list. (Receivers that are currently being used for screen mirroring or updating will not appear.)
4. The Utility connects to the receiver and displays its home screen shown below. From the home screen select the download or “cloud” icon on the center right.
5. Select the “Check” option for “Check for Updates”. If an update is available the “Upgrade” button will show blue as indicated below. If available, select the "Upgrade” button, this will begin the upgrade process.
6. Tap Upgrade to start the firmware upgrade. To stop the upgrade, tap Cancel.
Note: After the firmware file is downloaded, the upgrade cannot be canceled. Also, do not power off the Receiver during the upgrade process.
7. When the receiver returns to the “Ready to Connect” screen, the receiver has been upgraded.
*Note: For detailed instructions on additional features of the ScreenBeam Configuration Utility for Android please click here.
I just downloaded the Configure Utility, but it won't detect my SBM2.
What android device are you using?
I am having the same issue. I am using a Samsung Note 8. I downloaded the Configure Utility app from the play store but it won't find my SBM2.
Does your phone model number support Miracast?
If yes, make sure the miracast function is turned on.
You will need to have an active screen mirroring session to use the configuration utility to make changes to the ScreenBeam.
Just downloaded the utility to my Samsung Galaxy S8+. I have been connecting to a screenbeam mini 2 for about a year. I never used the utility. Now with the new Samsung OS update on my phone, i can connect but it's glitchy. I thought I'd try updating the SB mini 2. The utility doesn't see the device. Am i doing something wrong?
Make sure the Miracast or Screen Mirroring option is enabled on the phone/tablet.
You may have to have an active screen mirroring session in order for the configuration utility to connect to the ScreenBeam.
Once your phone is showing on the tv/display launch the utility then follow the steps in the article above.
Since you had a recent update to the phone OS you may also need to power the phone off then back on. If you have further issues you may need to call Samsung.
If the "Ready to connect Screen shows the Firmware version as 188.8.131.52 then your device is already on the current firmware and does not need to be upgraded.
No such luck. I can easily connect to the device but the config utility app does not see the device. I have seemingly tried every way i can think of. Please help
Try disconnecting your phone from your WiFi network (do not turn off the wifi or put into airplane mode) then launch the configuration utility.
If this fails contact our support at 8884360657 for further assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.