In order to proceed with updating the firmware using an Android device the following are required:
ScreenBeam Mini 2 Receiver.
A device running Android 4.2 (or higher) that is Miracast-capable, with the ScreenBeam Configuration Utility installed.
Available Internet connection.
1. Verify that the ScreenBeam receiver is powered on, with the “Ready To Connect” screen displayed on the connected monitor.
2. Launch the ScreenBeam Utility on an Android device.
3. Currently, available ScreenBeam receivers are displayed on the “Select a ScreenBeam Receiver” screen. Select the appropriate Receiver from the list. (Receivers that are currently being used for screen mirroring or updating will not appear.)
4. The Utility connects to the receiver and displays its home screen shown below. From the home screen select the download or “cloud” icon on the center right.
5. Select the “Check” option for “Check for Updates”. If an update is available the “Upgrade” button will show blue as indicated below. If available, select the "Upgrade” button, this will begin the upgrade process.
6. Tap Upgrade to start the firmware upgrade. To stop the upgrade, tap Cancel.
Note: After the firmware file is downloaded, the upgrade cannot be canceled. Also, do not power off the Receiver during the upgrade process.
7. When the receiver returns to the “Ready to Connect” screen, the receiver has been upgraded.
*Note: For detailed instructions on additional features of the ScreenBeam Configuration Utility for Android please click here.