The ScreenBeam preserves the aspect ratio from the device (i.e.., computer/tablet/phone), when a Miracast source connects to the ScreenBeam, this way the image doesn’t looked squished/stretched. Since the source is 4:3 we output a 4:3 image to the TV (we may be outputting a 16:9 image padded with black vs. a true 4:3 image). The behavior about videos that are on the device playing full size on the display, but YouTube or other apps staying 4:3 is due to differences between the content in the Photos/Video apps in Windows or Android and the video app casting top the ScreenBeam.
Articles in this section
- ScreenBeam Mini 2 is now Considered End-of-Life
- Before you buy, click here:
- Can I use the ScreenBeam Mini 2 to access online content directly?
- Do I need to install drivers/apps to use the ScreenBeam Mini 2 Receiver?
- Does ScreenBeam Mini 2 support NVIDIA Shield game console?
- How can I tell if my Android device supports Wi-Fi Miracast?
- How Can I Update The Firmware On My ScreenBeam Mini 2 Using My Android Device?
- How Can I Update The Firmware On My ScreenBeam Mini 2 Using Windows 8.1/10?
- How do I configure the receiver's general settings, such as changing language, renaming the receiver, enabling/disabling screensaver, and idling time for the screensaver?
- How do I connect my LG phone to the ScreenBeam Mini 2?
So my ScreenBeamMini2 was working yesterday and now it is black screen. The actiontec comes up then back to black
please give us a call so we can help you troubleshoot you device.
Please sign in to leave a comment.