The following instructions are for the NCS version only. They may or may not work on ISP devices. We recommend you contact your ISP for any assistance for devices supplied by the ISP.
The default IP is http://192.168.99.254 or http://myextender
Note: If the Extender has already been connected to a modem or router then you will need to access the modem or router to find the IP address it provided to the Extender.
If the Extender is already connected to a MoCA network.
Ensure that the Extender is connected to an Actiontec gateway/ modem, and that both devices are powered on.
On a computer connected to the network, log in to the gateway/ modem by entering it's IP address into the address bar of a web browser.
The gateway/modem’s GUI appears. The IP address of the Extender should be displayed on the Main or Home screen of an Actiontec gateway/modem, as indicated in the example below.
Write down the IP address of the Extender.
Enter the IP address written down in step 4 in the address box of the web browser.
The Extender’s Login screen appears. Enter the Extender’s Username and Password (found on the label located on the back panel of the Extender)
If the Extender is NOT connected to a MoCA network.
- Configure the computer's network adapter to the following IP information:
- Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway:192.168.99.1
- Connect the computer to the Extender via an Ethernet cable
- Log in to the Extender by entering 192.168.99.254 into the address bar of a web browser.
- The Extender’s Login screen appears. Enter the Extender’s Username and Password (found on the label located on the back panel of the Extender)
You can download the instructions by clicking the link below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.