MoCA privacy is when you log into the ECB7250 and enable security then either use the default password or set a custom password on the Network Security Setup section of the Security page to secure the connection between your MoCA 2.5 devices. It is disabled by default on all our devices. This picture shows what it looks like when it is enabled.
Who needs to use MoCA privacy?
Most basic users do not need to use this feature as it is meant for the user who shares a coax connection with another user. What we mean about a shared connection is like in an apartment building your coax connection is usually shared between the different tenants of the building and usually only separated by a splitter. Also, business owners who are in a shopping center or office buildings in different suites also sometimes share a coax connection that is only separated by splitters to the different suites. These users would want to enable MoCA Privacy. Some homeowners may want to use this depending on certain circumstances. To learn how to enable MoCA privacy on the ECB7250 please read this FAQ.
Things to keep In mind
- All Actiontec and ScreenBeam ECB7250s have the same default password.
- Security is disabled by default. This is done on purpose as most applications do not require this to be enabled.
- Some MoCA device manufacturers have this enabled by default. Please contact them directly to find out more about their devices.
- MPS button does not turn this feature on. To learn more about the MPS button take a look at this FAQ.
- Enhanced Privacy is not the same thing as MoCA privacy. To learn more about Enhanced Privacy please read this FAQ.