Most end-users will never need to change the configuration settings on the ECB7250. This is because the ECB7250 does not require its IP address to match your current network. The 192.168.144.200 default IP is only used to access the GUI (Graphical User Interface) of the device. It is not used to pass network traffic at all. This device should be a Plug and Play device. The only time you will need to change any of the settings in the GUI is if you are mixing our device with that of another manufacturer. If this is the case we recommend you get ahold of us to see what settings might need to be changed. The ECB7250 is already set with the best possible setting to work with the other MoCA devices ScreenBeam sells. Or you are looking to set up MoCA Privacy (see the link at the bottom of this article for more information on setting up MoCA Privacy).
NOTE these instructions assume the following.
- You know how to set a static IP address on your computer. If not please read this FAQ.
- You have not changed the default IP address of the ECB7250.
- You have not changed the default password.
How to Log into your device
- Set a static IP address on your computer or laptop. Read this FAQ if you need help doing this.
- Connect an ethernet cable from your Computer/Laptop directly into the ethernet port of the ECB7250.
- Plugin the power adaptor to the ECB7250.
- WARNING Do not have a coax cable connected to the ECB7250 we only want to change the configuration of one ECB at a time. Since they all share the same default IP address of 192.168.144.200 we need to make sure which one we are connected to.
- Open a web browser and type in 192.168.144.200 into the address bar and press "Enter".
- You should see the login screen below.
- Since this device was also sold by our sister company Actiontec there may be some variations in the default password. The easiest way to tell what the default password might be is by looking at the company name on the device.
- If your device says Actiontec ECB7250 the default user name will be "actiontec" without the quotes.
- If your device says ScreenBeam ECB7250 the default password will be "screenbeam" without the quotes
- No matter which company made your device the default user name will always be "admin" without the quotes.
- NOTE The username cannot be changed.
- Click "Sign In"
- If the login prompt returns that means you have entered the wrong user name and or password and will have to try again.
- If you have tried both password combinations you may need to restore this unit to factory defaults. Please use this FAQ for those steps.
- If that fails please give us a call as we may need to replace your unit depending on when and where you purchased the unit.
If you would like more information on how to set up MoCA privacy please read this FAQ.