Make sure the computer is connected to the ECB via Ethernet.
1) Set a static IP on the Computers Network adapter of 192.168.144.5
2) Open the Web Browser and type 192.168.144.200 and press enter.
3) The User name is admin and the password is premax. (Only for 147.182 firmware)
4) Click on "SW Update".
5) Click on "Choose File" and select the "ecb6250_1.15.4_http-upgrade.bin" file that was provided.
6) Click on upload.
The device will upload and upgrade the adapter then reboot. After reboot, the SW Version should now show "1.15.4"
7) Make sure to set the Computers Network adapter back to “Obtain Automatically”.
Note: Actiontec does NOT provide support on changing any settings in the adapters as they are already preconfigured with optimal settings.
The adapters do not support MoCA privacy passwords.
After the upgrade to 1.15.4, the admin user name is admin and the password will be actiontec
Article is closed for comments.