There is no need to enable this setting unless you share a coax connection with another person such as in an apartment building, business, etc. If you own a single-family home adding a POE filter (Point of Entry filter) will stop your MoCA signal from going to other homes around you and is/should be standard practice by most ISPs so that your service does not interfere with your neighbor's service and so on. You will need to contact your ISP to make sure a POE filter is installed as there are many different versions and different ISPs (Internet Service Providers) have different requirements.
If you do not have an ISP it would be your responsibility to add such a filter to the main connection of your home. DO NOT add the POE filter inside of your home as it is designed to block MoCA signals.
NOTE these instructions assume the following
- You have already installed all the MoCA adapters and are getting green power lights and green coax lights on all the adapters. If not please read this FAQ
- You already know how to log into your ECB6200 If not look at this FAQ
- You have not changed the default IP address of the ECB6200 or you already know what static IP address is set on each adaptor or know what IP address your DHCP server is giving each adapter if you set it to DHCP.
- Your Modem/Router/Gateway is not MoCA enabled. Contact your Modem/Router/Gateway manufacturer to find out more. ScreenBeam does not make Modems, Routers, or Gateways.
To secure your connection with a custom password you need to do the following.
- Login into the GUI of the first adapter. (Read more here)
- Select "Security Settings" from the menu on the left.
- Scroll down to the "Network Security Setup" section.
- Put the checkmark in the "Security Enabled" box of your first device for the "D-Ext Band" (Use only the "D-Ext Band" as this is the band our devices use to connect to each other. If you are using another manufacturer's MoCA device along with our ECB devices please contact them to verify what band they use.)
- Set a new password in both the New Password and Confirm Password boxes.
- Click "Save"
- Click "Reboot" from the menu on the left side menu.
- Click on the "Reboot" button in the middle of the page. Your setting is now saved in the first MoCA Adapter.
- Wait for the login prompt to show up (At this point the MoCA light should be off on all adapters that do not share the same password you just created).
- You done.
Please sign in to leave a comment.